Click below to sign up

You still don’t have a Paypal/Alertpay account? Click here to get one — FREE!” or “Paypal/Alertpay is the easiest way to receive money online. Don’t have an account yet? Click here to sign up.” Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.
Custom Search

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Shooting Stars



Sometimes we meet someone and there is a click, a connection, a spark. Sometimes that connection is so strong that it pulls you together against all the odds. Sometimes the spark is so intense it can set things on fire. Then sometimes the very thing that brought you together in the first place ends up driving you apart. Finally, sometimes the separation is more intense than the connection. Do the most intense things in life last the shortest because that is all as human beings we can endure? Are we forever doomed to chase after the shooting star just before it is snuffed out?

The person I have grown the closet to since he moved to Pennsylvania, USA our friendship has faded away. Our friendship had a spark from the very beginning. It was a fast and furious journey. It was charged with emotion and attraction, but the very thing that brought us together has now pushed us apart. I have to admit that our friendship was a little one sided. The fact that I was attracted to him was a problem from the very beginning. As our relationship evolved it became more and more apparent how easily I could be manipulated because of how I felt. Now months later the flame that was our friendship has been extinguished. I'm not sure how or why, but it has happen. As I sit here tonight I have to wonder what is next for me. My closest friend since I moved here is now as distant as any stranger on the street. I once told a friend back East that this new friendship was wonderful and all, but that it was also a distraction. The spark was so intense I have not been able to see clearly. Perhaps now without the glare of his friendship I can move on and find the life that I am supposed to be living.

I will miss him and may be we can be friends again some day, but for now I will look for a new shooting star and may be this time I will wear shades.

0 comments: