Click below to sign up

You still don’t have a Paypal/Alertpay account? Click here to get one — FREE!” or “Paypal/Alertpay is the easiest way to receive money online. Don’t have an account yet? Click here to sign up.” Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.
Custom Search

Friday, February 29, 2008

Typical Job Interview Questions


Since I am looking for a job as a nurse and I am looking forward to my upcoming interviews err (hopefully soon) I kept on thinking about what the employers might ask me. Or what should I do to get the job that I always wanted. Or how will I impress the HRD.
Well, I guess preparation is the key. But what are the preparations? And how in the world will I prepare for that dreaded way. Tsk. tsk..tsk!

I looked at my closet to check if I've got a business attire. Friends says I should dress to impress. I hope a typical black slacks, white blouse, a black 3/4 blazer and a nice pointed black shoes will do. Arrgh. Those shoes are killing me! huhuhu.

Next thing my make up: I dunno how to put make up on. I don't even knew what colors matches my skin tone. And goodness I just have a lipstick, a peach blush and a shimmering eyeshadow. yikes!

Next the exams: Darn. I hope its a psychological type and not about nursing because I dis forget nursing stuffs that we studied before. It's been a while since I opened my books. It's been like almost 2 years. That's a while right? I hope there's stock knowledge left or I'll get stuck in my seats. haays!

Then the killer questions. Here are the typical interview questions that I studied. According to research this is what the interviewers are looking for.
Interviewer: Tell me about yourself.
You: Remember, this is a job interview, not a psychological or personal interview. The interviewer is interested in the information about you that relates to your qualifications for employment, such as education, work experiences and extracurricular activities.


Interviewer: What do you expect to be doing five years from now? Ten years from now?
You: The interviewer is looking for evidence of career goals and ambitions rather than minutely specific descriptions. The interviewer wants to see your thought process and the criteria that are important to you.


Interviewer: Why should I hire you?
You: Stress what you have to offer the employer, not how nice it would be to work there or what you want from the employer.


Interviewer: What are your ideas about salary?
You: Research salaries in your field before your interviews so that you know the current salary range for the type of position you are seeking.


Interviewer: Why do you want to work for our company/organization?
You: Not having an answer is a good way to get crossed off the candidate list, and is a common pet peeve of interviewers. Research the employer before your interview; attempt to find out about the organization's products, locations, clients, philosophy, goals, previous growth record and growth plans, how they value employees and customers, etc.





I hope I can survive this. Wish me luck you guys.

0 comments: